Wednesday, August 5, 2015

1972-73 OPC Park & Ratelle Errors

I paid a handsome sum for a very nice condition 1972-73 OPC complete set of 341 cards (actually 340 since #208 was never actually issued). This is my favorite hockey card set. I just love the vintage look of the design, and I actually admire the jagged cut you find on so many of them. They seems so "authentically old" while still being in pristine shape.

I found two of the corrected error cards from this set on eBay for just a few bucks each so I picked them up. Now I've got both the error and corrected versions of #48 Jean Ratelle and #85 Brad Park (both "NHL Action" cards) in my collection:



If I ever get the final corrected error card from this set it will cost more than just a few bucks. So for now I'm good with my third checklist (card #343) listing the last seven cards as "More W.H.A. Stars" rather than the corrected version that includes the specific player names.

No comments:

Post a Comment